I am going to get a tattoo
Of a pit
on my belly
So you will think I am deeper than my skin
Until you remember its only and optical illusion
OH
And that tattoo of the wings on my back?
Yeah..
Those aren't really wings
Just the desperation of my bones to fly and escape time
I knew you were searching for my heart
so i tattooed it on my ribcage
so you would find it and look no deeper
I didn't want you to find the lungs
chugging along alone
In the empty birdcage
That tattoo by the back of my shoulder?
Yeah that's just a rose
because i was so desperate to be in love
I couldn't see it sitting there behind me
But if you ask me why they are all so invisible
I will tell you you just aren't looking hard enough
I tattoo my emotions on like masks
hidden in the plain sight
so the rays of sun can crack them on my face
But ask me something else
pretend you don't see them
and you will have finally learned what it is to be human
No comments:
Post a Comment