Eternity isn’t more than a man
A mind suspended in the body of the universe
He is like a wisp of silk in my hand
Complex as the moon
Eternity stands on broken glass
With a cigarette jutting from his lower lip
His skin sags from his creaking frame
Like a sheet from the drying line
He bends like a dying tree
Swaying toward the magnet ground
I cover my eyes in panic he will fall
I am helpless but he is strong
I fear for the tender look in his eyes
A fragile power
He is water verses rock
On his shoulder sits the assumption he will win in the end
His eyes are purple and loose-fitting
I worry they will pop from his head like grapes
They rest over bags packed full with knowledge
His hands grasp at the thread of space
Hoping that the veins and wrinkles will one day be released
And he will be free
He strings the teeth he's lost up to reflect the sun
And give some light to his caked on certainty
Wise owls hold the candle while he reads from the stars
And the wind slashes swirls into the crimson dirt
His tears are that of shredded clouds
And they tear away the mask.
He says “I am the final scale”
Eternity isn’t more than a man,
But he stands with a million fires
And the power to just be
No comments:
Post a Comment