Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Windy Days

All I want is to be free.

To tear out obstructions
Like the brambles tore out the eyes of Rapunzel’s love.

I want to advance down the empty roads
That lay stretched out like skin
With the blackness unraveling to the stars will,
Until I reach the place no one has been but me.


It’s a personal place that’s dark like unspoken truths,
It will be where no one can find me.

I will dream sparrow wings and fly to the moon.
I will dream orange-roughy fins and be free in the ocean.

Because all I want is to be free,
To leave you in the dust of my dreams,
To run down the clouds and blot out your screams,
To find the piece of sobering reality
That doesn’t exist in the needlessly dramatic lives of you drones.


All I want is to be free.
To chase meadows on the back of a butterfly.
I want to bite through the cold, metallic leash you put on me
And toast the wine by drinking the wind.


I will erase the scars from the face of my hideaway,
Turn it into the Garden of Eden,
So I can feast on knowledge and keep paradise,
Or at least some peace to my sore feet.


With the greed of Hades
And the innocence of a deer,
I will run like no one can follow me,
Because all I want is to be free.


I will be taller than the moon is far
If that is what I am longing
Maybe smaller then string theory,
Leaving just as much evidence that I exist.
I will be as visible as wind.
As transparent as sedimentary rock.
But all I want is to be free.


I will create my own patterns
Like a child plays in its own world.
I will spin the sunset into a dress
And the reflection into elegant shoes
For me to don every day to go to my life
Because everyday deserves desire.

I choose to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment