Thursday, May 6, 2010

A read out loud poem

I am a baby.
Wrapped twice around my mothers womb
like the umbilical cord wraps around me.
And i sigh
cause I was hoping someday i would get to cry,
someday i had hoped to lie
and then ask my self, why?
cause i wanna grow up.
I want to pick a flower
then be to shy
to give it to whomever I may love
I want to fight to own the sky
my daddy and i may fight
but hey i can deny
i love my family
and i know they aren't the bad guy
although sometimes that's what i imply
but here i am
I dunno if i will make it out alive
but hey I've got to try
I wanna taste what it feels to fly
I wanna fight
and learn its wrong with my first black eye
I want to go in jeans when everyone else is in black tie.
I wanna make it out alive.
I gotta make it out alive
I gotta stop the bullets
from someones chest
and be be the hero
that's gone awry

I wanna live
not just be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment