Monday, February 28, 2011

Library Books

Brendan’s way of saying goodbye was kissing razors with his veins
But life doesn’t always work out that way so instead he decided to be different.
To marry ink and needles and ripped jeans.

Emma’s way of saying goodbye was a lovely swim in the bay.
She told her parents she was going to kill herself and they laughed so she held on.
Wakes up every morning with the idea that its closer to the end so she can exterminate her defeat with bass notes she feels in her tolerance.

Scott’s way of saying goodbye was slaughtering breath with rope burns
But the paramedics got there first so now he lives with his cat in an apartment
And instead of going to Christmas at his parents he tells them he FINALLY has a date
And ends up at home making youtube videos that no one ever watches

Jessica’s way of saying goodbye was a good time stretched into eternity
but her boyfriend didn’t want to lose the baby so now she sits chained to a hospital bed
wondering if the baby turned out ok, is our baby okay? Damn, I wanna kill that fucking baby.

Hope’s way of saying goodbye is me. She thinks its funny or charming the way I kiss up to eternity like, somehow im gonna make it out. Well we just have to know that death is not defeat. It a prize after a life but some how only those with detention slips get in.

Dad’s way of saying goodbye was dying.
He had no time for notes or detention slips and it didn’t matter because the only words he would read were the poetry written on the walls of the city. I don’t think he knew he was going to he couldn’t see the poetry anymore. Life had made him dizzy. I guess I was his gift to the world but why didn’t he leave a gift for me?

So when I die, I will leave a story. Something solid you can see. I’ll write it down all over the city.

Laura’s way of saying goodbye was silence. There’s no silence in forgetting, only forgetting the silence, so she recorded it so when her boss asks for a regurgitation of what she learned this year, she plays it back. No screams, no smoke, just… The purest, most simple note.

No comments:

Post a Comment