Tuesday, February 15, 2011

No idea

Today i saw a little door made for little people
and i wondered..
If i was that little would i use that door?
Probably not..

You see, I dont like the idea of change
of walking through an archway and pausing
maybe to walk into greater mistakes
I dont want to lose myself
no matter what I gain
Im scared of truth
of my mask being ripped away
I dont want a face
because im worried it might not look the right way
How will I manage not being seen
in a world where thats everything
I only wanted to tell you goodbye
as you got closer and I got farther from the sky
But he has told us to sit still
which society doesnt say very much
but you know you have to listen if they do say such
Just close eyes
No need for planned goodbyes
this is a moment for no real lies
Just a secret
You can keep as you grow I can keep as I shrink
We can pour it down like whiskey
into the cracked kitchen sink
Because we're fuzzy
Like my cat that died
if you see her in the clouds tell her I miss her purple eyes.
But i may find her if I walk through the doorway
that tiny doorway
If I was that small would I have the guts to go unknowing into that doorway?

No comments:

Post a Comment