Saturday, February 7, 2015

Snap

My wings regrowing
the function of my limitlessness held fragile in my fingertips
fractured into fragrance
frustrated with finality
Secure in the fruit of flight

Now is not the time for sleep
Now is the time to burn the cages
slay the false attachments
recognize when the world has won
and remove myself from it

Now is the time to become smoke
Live in the twirls and bend to the will of the wind
I have not been secured by ropes yet
Now is the time to seek and to grow
There are no edges anymore

I may fight or simply exist
Choose to sink or flounder around
Breathe and appreciate it
To be and know who I am
without confining myself

I am all that I am
everything and nothing held in the balance of stardust
created to seek and seeking to create
I am the universe reflecting back on itself
With this, I have transcended

We are looking to the sky for answers, while the sky looks to us
We have been created to find
Are trying to create a being that will find 
Drench in questions we will suffocate if we never search
We are creating god and have been created as god

In this we may find fear or solace
but there is something much more
the ability to exist and reflect on existence
the change to find something much more
Freedom

This is the goal we cannot grasp for
We must not will ourselves, only release to be no one
Brilliant in the stars, not worth a second glance but worthy of change
Relinquish control
Give yourself back to the stars as they have given to you

This is how we will all find freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment