Saturday, February 7, 2015

The last day

Always is only a baby when she dies cradled by my tongue
Never completing her  journy to be birthed by my lips
There is no anger 
Just the sadness of a loss so great 
I do not curse the gods or silence my voice 
I simply regret not appreciating every moment
Looking into my lovers eyes as always was conceived
His warm arms warding nightmares his whispers planting the seed
In terror I have poisoned myself 
Dreading the dragging emptiness more than the finality
I am not made to be loved and as the child  dies I feel myself slipping 
Always drowns in my tears as my toes search for rock bottom
my hands cling to clouded dreams 
I will not go softly, but slowly
Unnoticed, slipping into sleep 
No more fighting 
Here is the meaning tattooed on my leg 
Here is the concept I have fought for 
The death of always and the birth of now

No comments:

Post a Comment