I stumble on city concrete
fall and am caught by living soil
mountains raise my gaze
Trellises raise my body
I found myself among family
Simple seeds that breathe life into me
I care for the hidden within fragile walls
How can I assimilate?
Years of city smog my mind
Tell me stories of bigger, better, more
Can I be pure again?
Hide in the leaves of climbing tomatoes?
Drink with the soaking onions?
I seek unity with the bark of a tree
Sweat becomes fruit
fruit becomes food
food becomes sweat
I sit wrapped in the embrace of branches
I reach my limbs to clear away limbs
giving air and light
As I clean I am cleaned
Flying while still grounded
I stretch down and am confronted by a challenge
A friendly game of hide and seek with microorganisms
We are biological, safe in diversity
A chain not a hierarchy
My naked lungs breathe with the dust
swirling and ebbing into unity
My city becomes the trees
peas are my skyscrapers and mushrooms my homes
No comments:
Post a Comment