Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Discard Button

There’s only so much I can take
Only so much strength until I break
Secrets hide inside of me
Because I’m like the old oak tree
People pass around with lesure
But I stay and guard my treasure
My white dress is blowin in the wind im in
I’m alone, their surrounded by kin

Chorus
The anger and frustration must stay inside
These are some of the things I’m bound to hide
And if for some reason they should ever get lose
You find by the morning my body hanging from a noose
So pardon the frightened lies that I’ve told
But my secrets must come with me, as I get old
And naturally with time my pile grows
And I’m sure that the strain on my ugly face shows

So bind me with words I can never set free
Just lock me up and throw away the key
And when I am laying surrounded by dirt
The secrets I keep still under my shirt
My heart keeps them locked away good and tight
But my body has suffered from this internal fight
The truth is an enemy I’ll never meet
Until she lies there dead at my feet
The secrets are company I like to have
But since I’m alone each feels like a stab

Chorus

And while these secrets I do keep
Outside I hear my body weep
While humans are made for this kind of stuff
The going can get a little bit rough
And as I keep inside this dark in-closed den
Outside I hear voices of women and men
But once I went out there, just for fun
I lost so much now I keep out of the sun
And now this song no longer goes on
But I can pretty much guess your already gone

No comments:

Post a Comment