Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Winter

At risk of being
I lay aside in the snow
I’m not really much
But a forgotten snowflake
And yet he lifted me up

I was overjoyed
He put me to his sweet lips
And swallowed me whole
Giving me the strength to be
Melting me into a tear

But his love was false
And so he spit me back up
And I lost myself
Amid the frozen angels
I’m just one in the many

Wind blew her hardest
I froze up in the cold air
Dreaming of before
When I was warm and melted
And then, as before, I moved

I was busted up
Brought back to the whole again
Now I was many
No longer a unique piece
Once again I lost feeling

And then it happened
As a whole we remembered
Thoughts and feelings mashed
Until there was nothing left
Of me just being me

So the sun came out
And we receded
We melted as one
And washed away together
Now nothing remains to tell

No comments:

Post a Comment