Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Starlight

Star light and bright
To many stars out tonight
How will I choose
Which one is mine?
So many droplets in the sea,
So what one is meant for me?
Or, is it all just out of reach,
If there are rocks
Out underneath,
What rock belongs to me?

Fire burns
Water runs
Air blows
And earth breathes
I burn, I run, I blow, I breathe

So many scenes run before my eyes,
But I’m blind,
So many songs run through my ears,
But I’m deaf.
Life ain’t kind.
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who’s the worst off of us all?
Mirror, mirror in my hand,
What’s the worst thing in this land?
Mirror, mirror on the floor,
Crystal shards of you galore.

So here I sit waiting.
Not tired so alive.
I can’t sleep, because dark fuels me,
But, he doesn’t get it, why would he?
Eyelids please shut.
Darkness make me your minion.
I can no longer be in charge of you.
I’m just writing
Hoping to soon be gone

No comments:

Post a Comment