A horizon bluffed at sunset
My eyes chastise every chance
I feel like I’m caught in a fish net
Being dragged out of my safety waves
Look at your beautiful smile
Your eyes seem to match
And it took me a while
To realize that was still you
Nothings changed cept now all of the girls coo
As all you dreams come true
Good for you
Missing what I take for granted
I left for just a little while
Now I see my worlds been slanted
Is it true?
Or is it just you?
The pieces of the broken puzzle scattered across the room
Chorus
Baby boy
Once just my best friend
But that met its end
You’re not what I’d dreamed
Awkward as it seemed
So many people to miss
Your number 1 on the list
I’d always loved you
But to you I wasn’t that
The day you whispered her name
I was like a rabbit left in the hat
I long to hold you
Always have
I’m not good enough
I’ll never be
I’m sorry I’m a let down
I’ll let you be
Chorus
I hate every girl you glance at
Wishing I was her
I can imagine your soft lips on mine
Your arms holding me close for warmth
The feel of your breath breathing in my ear
A whispered “I love you”
To hear my name
But it’s not to be
No comments:
Post a Comment